Rodents are pests not to be trifled with. Their behavior cannot always be predicted and although they typically prefer to stay away from people, they will defend themselves if cornered or handled. It should also be noted that they can spread multiple diseases, contaminate food and surfaces with parasites and bacteria, and cause expensive damage to yards and homes.
To keep your home and family safe from these pests, proper rodent control is a necessity, and contacting a Redding pest control service like Redding Spray Service is essential in making sure your home and property remain rodent-free.
Types Of Rodents That Often Invade Redding Homes
Different types of rodents common to Northern California include Norway rats, roof rats, mice, voles, and ground squirrels. Each of these rodents brings with it different types of problems, but all of them are destructive and can cause diseases. The best way to control them is by removing what is attracting them to your property and by contacting an experienced pest control service.
Rodents Spread Disease And Damage Property
Here is a list of the five rodents most common in Redding. They may all cause property damage, and the vast majority can carry disease:
- Norway rats can cause significant property damage by gnawing through housing materials, including lead pipes and plastic. These rodents are also vectors of serious diseases.
- Roof rats prefer to nest in trees or the upper areas of roofs, and have been associated with serious diseases.
- Mice cause property damage, chewing through drywall and insulation, and have been known to cause electrical fires by gnawing on wires inside homes.
- Voles damage orchards, tree plantings, and gardens, eating crops and damaging them when building tunnel systems.
- Squirrels may cause damage to electrical and telephone cables and can also chew holes in the siding of homes and are also known to destroy bird feeders in search of food.
Five Effective Tips To Prevent Rodents In Your Home
One part of preventing an infestation is knowing how to keep rodents away from your property. Here are five tips to help prevent rodents from being attracted to your home:
- Store leftovers in airtight containers or in the refrigerator and pick up uneaten pet food every evening to keep rodents from being attracted to it.
- Place trash cans, recycling bins, and compost at least 20 feet from your home in bins with tight-fitting, locking lids to keep rodents away.
- Repair damage to your home that may allow rodents inside by filling in cracks and crevices with caulk or screening openings to chimneys or pipes.
- Place metal flashing around tree trunks to prevent rats from climbing them and to prevent squirrels from gnawing on tree bark.
- Keep landscaping around your home neat and keep your grass mowed to limit rodent haven sites around your property.
If these tips fail, talking to someone who knows how to get rid of rodents is the best way to get rid of a rodent infestation. Call Redding Spray Services for more information.
Contact The Pros For The Most Effective Rodent Control For Your Home
When asking how to get rid of rodents in your Redding home, the best answer is to contact the professionals at Redding Spray Services. We offer affordable solutions customized to your needs to protect your property from destructive, dangerous rodents. Call now to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Redding.