Everything is comfy in your bed until you notice bites on your back. A few days later, you observe an additional wound but ignore it. A week passes, and you get a couple more bites, but you decide to press forward and do nothing. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. In the case of bed bugs, the more time passes, the more bed bug bites you will experience. You can try to ignore bed bugs, but they will not overlook you.
Before a few bed bugs grow into a massive army, contact the Redding pest control team at Redding Spray Services. We have been protecting Redding residents since 1989; we will protect you against bed bugs.
Can One Single Bed Bug Cause An Entire Infestation?
When a fertilized female bed bug has a meal, it will produce five to twenty eggs per feeding. A female bed bug will live between 99 days and one year and create about 113 offspring, of which 97% will survive. When temperatures are between the optimal range of 70℉ to 90℉, the population of bed bugs can double every 16 days.
How Do I Know If I Have A Bed Bug Infestation?
Early signs of bed bugs in your Redding house include the following:
- Molt skins
- Fecal stains
- Live bed bugs
Reddish-brown stains from the droppings of bed bugs will appear on mattresses, walls, and upholstery. Although difficult to see, cream-colored eggs and pale-white egg shells in cracks, crevices, and mattress folds are other indicators. As the hatched nymphs go through the five molting stages (instars), they leave behind the exoskeleton or molt skins. A musty, sweet odor is present in areas with a high population of bed bugs. Finally, red, itchy bumps on the arms and legs are signs of bed bugs. When you see these signs, it is time to get rid of bed bugs.
When investigating your house, check for bed bugs between the baseboards and wall, along mattress seams, inside the box springs, behind the headboard, and picture frames. Remember, no crack or crevice is too small!
Steps To Take To Prevent Bed Bugs
Because the bed bug population can quickly double, stop a bed bug infestation in your Redding home by implementing the following:
- Examine clothing, luggage, and items after returning from a public place or riding public transportation before entering your home.
- Inspect used furniture before bringing it into the house. Ask the seller why they are selling the furniture. Do not buy furniture from a previously infested location.
- Vacuum the carpet and flooring regularly inside the house; use a wand attachment to suction out cracks and crevices between the baseboards and walls, in corners, inside mattress seams, and furniture—empty contents into an external, sealed garbage can.
- Reduce clutter by picking up clothing, magazines, and other debris in the home.
- Clean bed linens consistently in hot water and dry with the hottest setting the fabrics will tolerate.
These tips are some bed bug control techniques for your home that will help prevent bed bugs from infesting your home, and if they do get into the house, implementing these tips will control the population.
Professional Bed Bug Control For Homes In Redding
In a survey by the National Pest Management Association, bed bug exterminators agree it is difficult to eradicate bed bugs. Getting rid of bed bugs often requires advanced pest control techniques and treatments not available to the public.
At Redding Spray Services, we are committed to eliminating bed bugs from Redding homes, so we offer two follow-up visits and a re-inspection to ensure the effectiveness of the treatments. Contact us today and get a free estimate. We will stop bed bugs in your home so you can relax in your comfy bed.