Excellent, Experienced Pest Control Services In Shasta Lake, CA
Shasta Lake is a city in Shasta County, located close to Shasta Dam and Shasta Lake reservoir, which are both popular tourist areas. Whether you’ve lived in the area your whole life or are simply visiting for a while, you’re probably aware of the problems pests cause in and around Shasta Lake properties. To keep your home or business free of pests throughout the entire year, the professionals here at Redding Spray Service provide excellent residential and commercial pest control plans. With decades of experience in the pest control industry and a commitment to the communities we serve, we are the right choice for all of your pest control needs. Reach out to Redding Spray Service today for more information about all of our excellent pest management services and prevention options.
Home Pest Control In Shasta Lake, CA
As a homeowner, it’s your top priority to protect your Shasta Lake home and family from harm. But when rodents, insects, and other pests take over your residential property, they threaten your family and make your home an uncomfortable place to live. Invading pests contaminate food items, spread dangerous diseases, damage property, and destroy personal belongings. Without the right protection, invading pests put your Shasta Lake home and family at risk. If you’re ready to say goodbye to pest problems, turn to the licensed technicians here at Redding Spray Service. Since 1989, we have been committed to providing excellent pest control solutions for residents throughout Shasta and Tehama counties. Get in touch with us today for more information about how we solve residential pest problems.
Commercial Pest Control In Shasta Lake, CA
When you run a business, you have many responsibilities. And one of those responsibilities is protecting your commercial property from pests. Thankfully, the professionals from Redding Spray Service are here to help. We’ve made it our goal to solve all of your commercial pest control needs so that you can focus on the needs of your customers. With our technicians by your side, you can rest easy knowing that the protection of your Shasta Lake business is in good hands. Say goodbye to rodents, insects, spiders, and other pests when you partner with the technicians at Redding Spray Service today!
Six Lawn Care Tips For Shasta Lake Residents
The changing seasons, weather, and climate can create many obstacles that make it more difficult for you to maintain a beautiful, thriving lawn. If you’re facing challenges when it comes to keeping your lawn healthy and vibrant, it’s important to learn what you can do to solve those challenges. Improve the health of your Shasta Lake lawn by implementing the following lawn care tips.
1. Remove visible weeds from your lawn when possible.
2. Mow your lawn correctly, which is based on the height and health of your grass.
3. Water your lawn deeply, but at less frequent intervals to encourage deeper, healthier root growth.
4. Mow your lawn when it’s dry rather than when it’s wet.
5. Leave grass clippings in your lawn after mowing - called grasscycling - can help fertilize your lawn.
6. Contact the professionals for assistance with all of your lawn care needs.
At Redding Spray Service, we take pride in offering excellent lawn care services in addition to our pest control solutions. We understand that there’s no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” approach to lawn care, which is why we’ll develop a personalized plan to restore your lawn to a lush, vibrant, and healthy state. Give us a call today for more information about our lawn care solutions.
Why Are Rodents Invading My Property Near Shasta Lake?
While a lot of people who need pest control services in the Shasta Lake area reach out to professionals because they’re dealing with rodents, these little vermin are hardly unique to our area. Rats, mice, and other creatures of this type have been invading homes and businesses for centuries in places across the world. Yes, Shasta Lake pest control services focus on rodents, but that’s because humans have been fighting this battle since the beginning of time.
Fortunately, there are things that you can do to help perform your own pest control services near Shasta Lake such that your risk of dealing with rodents will be minimized. A few of these ideas include:
1. Woodpiles – A lot of people in our neck of the woods have woodpiles for their fireplaces. These are havens for rodents. If you have wood stacked on your property, keep it at least 18 inches off the ground and at least 12 inches away from a building or a wall.
2. Branches – This is especially the case with roof rats, but all rats will climb and jump from tree branches onto a building so they can look for openings in the structure. Make sure you clear branches away from your house and leave at least 3-4 feet of space to prevent this problem.
3. Food – As you’ll see below with ants, leaving food around your property is going to attract all sorts of pests. Secure your garbage and remove anything rodents would like to eat.
Overall, the best approach for handling your own preventative pest control services in Shasta Lake is to not give rodents a reason to live near your home or business. If you’re looking for professional help, feel free to contact us to discuss the situation.
What's Attracting Ants To My Property In Shasta Lake?
Shasta Lake is home to many different pests that have no problem getting into your home or business. However, ants are the most common household pests in our area. These tiny, social insects live in large colonies that work together to build their nests, feed their young, and protect their colony from threats. Ants are typically nuisance pests, but some ants can cause serious issues on your property depending on their species. Carpenter ants are capable of causing damage to your building, while fire ants inflict painful stings. To keep ants away from your Shasta Lake property, it’s important to minimize factors that may attract them to your home or business in the first place. Below are a few things that may attract ants to your property.
- Easy access to food, such as uneaten pet food, crumbs, dirty dishes, improperly stored pantry items, and open garbage cans.
- Sources of excess moisture, which can be caused by leaking pipes, dripping faucets, and water-damaged wood.
- Entry points, including cracks in your foundation, gaps under your windows and doors, and crevices in your exterior walls.
No matter what species of ants are causing problems in your Shasta Lake home, the professionals here at Redding Spray Service have what it takes to get rid of them. Contact us today to learn more about how we handle ant infestations.
Why You Should Call The Pros About Rodents On Your Shasta Lake Property
If you notice the signs of any rodents or happen to spot one in your Shasta Lake property, the best thing to do is bring in professional help. While it might seem like you’re dealing with a very small issue, rodents tend to breed in large numbers, so what you see on the surface is rarely the entire infestation. Rats usually produce six litters a year and mice may have around eight, and in either case, this means potentially dozens of members very quickly.
DIY methods are not built to handle issues like these, but lead you to believe that these problems can be managed with store-bought solutions. Professional rodent control is the only way to ensure an entire infestation is dealt with. Working with a pest control professional means that everyone around your property will be protected from the health risks that rodents spread, like leptospirosis and hantavirus, as well as the damage that they can cause, like holes in walls and furniture that’s been gnawed.
For more information on rodent control in Shasta Lake, contact Redding Spray Service today.
Cockroach Prevention Tips For Shasta Lake Residents
Cockroaches in Shasta Lake can be one of the more troublesome pests for homeowners because of the dangerous pathogens they pass along and how difficult they are to remove. Here are a few helpful tips to prevent these kinds of issues:
- Take food seriously. These pests thrive off of crumbs and any food they can find, so always use airtight containers, sweep up food bits routinely, and check the pantry for any food residue as well.
- Address moisture issues. Cockroaches can’t survive long without access to water, which is why this step is so important. Look for leaks on a regular basis and address any that occur. This could be in places like bathrooms, kitchen sinks, and gutters.
- Maintain cleanliness. While cockroaches aren’t exclusively associated with hygiene problems, there are certain things that homeowners can do to make their properties less appealing to these issues. These steps include doing the dishes daily, getting rid of clutter in all forms, and taking out the trash before it accumulates.
- Tend to openings. It’s very important to address cracks in foundations with silicone-based caulk, especially in the areas around bathrooms, and affix weatherstripping to doors and windows that may be loose.
- Seek professional help. Working with a pest control specialist provides access to knowledge, products, and a guarantee that over-the-counter products simply can’t deliver.
For reliable cockroach control services in Shasta Lake, contact Redding Spray Service today.
Shasta Lake's Handy Handbook To Spider Identification
Shasta Lake is home to a number of spider species. Here are a few of the most common visitors and how to identify them:
- Black widow: This is perhaps the most identifiable spider in the area, with its shellacked black exterior and red hourglass stamp. The female weaves a web where she waits for prey to cross her. They are also highly venomous and will bite people if they feel provoked.
- Wolf spider: While this spider may seem intimidating, they are not harmful to humans. They are easy to spot with their oversized features and fuzzy bodies. Because the wolf spider is not an adept climber, they usually live close to the ground whether outside or inside.
- Daddy long-legs: This species is iconic for its aptly-named long legs. They do have fangs; however, they are too short to actually deliver any harm to people. Daddy long-legs usually prefer cellar-like conditions that are damp and dark.
- Brown recluse: The brown recluse is one of the most dangerous spiders in the area because it is venomous. While this species usually avoids human interaction, if they feel threatened, they may deliver a dangerous bite. Residents can identify their light brown coloring, bulbous abdomen, and six eyes.
For more information on spider control, contact Redding Spray Service today.
Guide To Avoiding Fleas & Ticks In Shasta Lake
Flea and tick problems are pervasive in Shasta Lake because of the lush backdrop that the area provides. These sorts of pests can be harmful to human and animal health, so here are a few important tips to avoid them:
- Perform a detailed property inspection before moving into a new home, as fleas in particular often get left behind by previous owners.
- Maintain a tidy yard with several key steps: mow the lawn regularly, never overwater, remove all yard debris, and trim back landscaping in order to expose more sunlight.
- For residents with pets, consider speaking with a veterinarian about year-round flea and tick prevention to start. Additionally, always inspect pets after they’ve been outside and limit their interaction with unknown animals.
- Curb the presence of wildlife and rodents around the property with motion sensor items, decoy animals, and shiny objects like mylar balloons.
- Always wear long pants and long sleeves when spending time outside and look for ticks before coming home.
- Work with a pest control company to take preventive measures against these pests or when they need to be removed.
For more information on flea and tick control, contact Redding Spray Service today.
Request Your Estimate
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.